ss_blog_claim=4d45eae6807aadd51151aa2cf9a86e1b
ss_blog_claim=4d45eae6807aadd51151aa2cf9a86e1b

About PR Service Press and Events CVS 101 Coupon Lingo Blogroll

Wednesday, January 2, 2008

About The "Cent"sible Sawyer

I’m Denise Sawyer of www.centsible-sawyer.com and I am learning to live LARGE on LESS. I am a wife of 8 years and a new mom! My husband and I got married when we were both still in college, so our journey began on a tight budget! Life did get easier when we both became full time wage earners. I became a full time second grade teacher and my husband an electrical maintenance man in the local carpet industry. We've since bought and sold our first home and built a new home with much of our own strength and sweat. I've always tried to make good choices financially but that hasn't kept us from racking up our own fair share of debt - especially in the beginning of our married life.

In February of 2008 this blog was born as a way to meet like-minded people while beginning my own frugal journey with a mission to get out of debt for good. My blog has attracted many moms that are long time savvy shoppers as well as moms that are just finding their way in the penny-pinching lifestyle. We’ve built a community that shares the love and wants everyone to score the best deals, and that is why you’ll find lots of great tips, grocery and drugstore deals, giveaway items, and freebies at The “Cent”sible Sawyer. In addition to this blog, I am also one of the founding members of Walmart's "ElevenMoms," a member of Sprout's Band of Bloggers, co-host of Keeping It Centsible radio show, and Walmart's Baby Buzz Blogger. If you're looking to connect with me you can email me at denisesawyer@gmail dot com, find me on FaceBook on my blog page and my personal page, chatting up the deals on Twitter (@CentsibleSawyer), and watch my money saving videos on my YouTube channel.

On March 2, 2009 my mission to live on less was compounded by the birth of my son, Judah. Judah is now what drives my obsession to learn to live on less without loosing my quality of life. I am determined to have it all! I grew up in a one-income family with a mom who stayed at home until my brother and I were both in school. I feel that this has impacted the person that I am today in a big way, which is why I am making it my mission to become a stay at home mom and to go from living on two full time incomes to one and a half. I am a firm believer that if you are a wise steward with what you are given, God will be your provision and take care of the rest! By honoring Him with my finances He will see that I am MORE than provided for.


God has honored my faithfulness, and my dream is coming true! I am quitting my full time position as a second grade teacher and will be working at the same school part time (two to three days per week). This way I can spend more time with my son in these precious few years that he is at home. My hope is that when my children are all in school (yes, we hope to have more), I will return to my full time career as a teacher.


I describe myself as the "new - old school mom." I like the "old" way of spending more time with our children rather than spending more money. I like the "old" way of a slower paced life style, one where we stop to smell the roses and teach our children family values. However, I also like the conveniences of today's technology and you can find me wielding my laptop and blackberry to make my life and my family's life more streamlined. For me, frugality is about making choices. You CAN have it all... you just can't have it all - all the time!


I hope you'll join me on my frugal journey as I stack my coupons, pinch my pennies and discover the best deals all over town and online! You'll learn a little, laugh a lot - at me - a bumbling new mom, and discover the best deals, products, and ways to have fun for little or nothing!

3 Comments:

Martha said...

Hi Denise -

Martha from Buffalo.

Congrats on your decision to spend more time with your son.

Love your blog! Looking forward to more youtube videos!

Take care,

MJ

balunov28 said...

Thnaks for share good post. I am follow your blog.

Mama Mochiko said...

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your tips. It's taking me a lot of work just getting started on eating right while saving, and you share everything with the rest of us! I've never followed a blog before but yours is definitely worthy! May you and your family be blessed for passing on this valuable information!