ss_blog_claim=4d45eae6807aadd51151aa2cf9a86e1b
ss_blog_claim=4d45eae6807aadd51151aa2cf9a86e1b

About PR Service Press and Events CVS 101 Coupon Lingo Blogroll

Friday, February 8, 2008

Lord of the "Ring"

This is my fifth year teaching in a second grade class and let me tell you there is never a dull moment! My friends and family are always asking me to "tell another funny story about your kids." One of my favorites is of a student I had my first year.

We were sitting in a circle and I was getting ready to read a favorite picture book to the class. I was waiting on everyone to settle in and there was a group of students talking about the last "Lord of the Ring" movies coming out in the theater. They were very excited and talking about how their parents were going to let them see it, or were not going to let them see it, or that their parents were previewing it and then they would decide if they could see it.

That's when this particular student piped up over all of the other voices and said, "My mom calls my dad the Lord of the Ring." He giggled and realized no one else was laughing. That's when he said, "You know, because my dad takes a long time in the bathroom and when you sit on the toilet for a long time you get a ring around your butt."

Oh, if parents only knew!!

0 Comments: