ss_blog_claim=4d45eae6807aadd51151aa2cf9a86e1b
ss_blog_claim=4d45eae6807aadd51151aa2cf9a86e1b

About PR Service Press and Events CVS 101 Coupon Lingo Blogroll

Friday, May 2, 2008

I Love Me some CVS SUPERSTARS!!!

You guys are awesome!! You really are CVS Superstars!! I am so amazed by all the great buys you guys have posted about. It is incredible how you all spend pennies but no one quite goes home with the same stuff!! Many of you have little ones and buy baby stuff, other buy your cleaning supplies, and still others manage to squeeze in free milk for the week! I LOVE it. And it gets me fired up for the next week to see what all you guys wrangled in this week!

Okay, so here is what I SCORED at CVS this week:

I was a little disappointed because the stores I went to this week had slim pickins' of the good stuff. Many of the May freebies were unavailable and one store had like no food! I was really hoping to get some Tostitos and salsa this week! I still plan to visit one more store tonight and maybe get some more things. We'll see.

Here's the break down:
It took me 2 Transactions -

First: ( I made some ECBs)
1 deoderant
1 razor
2 bottles of Life Water (Buy 2 get 1 ECB)
Total: $2.48 OOP (I used $5 ECBs)
ECB's earned: $4.99, $1, $3

Second: (I lost some but I got some cheap tanning stuff!)
2 boxes of Loreal Sublime bronze
2 bottles of Life water
1 deoderant
1 Johnson's buddy soap
Total: $0.63 OOP (but I spent $12 ECBs)
ECB's Earned: $4.99, $1

Total spent: $3.11 OOP and $17 ECBs
ECBs Earned: $14.98
All in all, pretty good. Scored some good stuff and only lost about $2 ECBs!

Oh yeah, if you are wondering why I picked up the Loreal tanning wipes... they were on sale this week for $5.99 and that is a GREAT buy for these things AND I LOVE THEM!!! I have really fair skin (think: so white that I glow in the dark! I am so white I am BLUE! Okay...maybe I am exaggerating!) Anyway, as you can probably guess, I do NOT tan well. This helps me fake it. Plus, no skin cancer for me! :)

Okay for those who need to see to believe... here is a picture of me at the baby shower last weekend. I am the one in the black gauchos and sweater, writing. Normally I am WAY whiter than Adi, the beautiful pregnant lady next to me! See how tan I look...SO FAKE and thanks to Loreal! :)
Now, its your turn.

You can post from now until Saturday at Midnight!! Just post about your great CVS adventures at your site and then leave a link here! Didn't go to CVS this week, leave a link anyway and tell us WHY you didn't visit the best store ever this week. The only thing I ask is that you link me at your post! Just say something at the end of your post like... Want to see more CVS savings? Visit the Centsible Sawyer's CVS Superstars!... and link my name back to this post!
Still not sure how? Email me and I will help!

No blog? No problem! Leave your adventures in the comments section at the bottom of this post! I can't wait to see all of your great buys!

Want to see last week's Superstars? Look here! There are some AWESOME ONES IF YOU MISSED IT!

AND, come back Sunday to see the CVS deals and My Scenarios for next week! Yippee!!! I *heart* CVS!!!

15 Comments:

Gail said...

Thanks for creating this blog! It has really helped save me so much money!

janiejane said...

Thanks for making shopping even more fun!

Karen said...

Thanks for visiting my blog, Denise, and giving me a thumbs up!! I added my week's shopping to your Superstars, tho it's before the May deals started...I just may have to go again to get a jump on those before next week's come out!

Mikki said...

OOps. Didn't mean to enter twice. I meant to put my blogger account on here and noticed I put the wrong one.

Sorry about that.

Thanks for doing this. It's so much fun to see how other ladies did!

Mama Llama said...

I am naturally ghostly-pale, too. Does the Loreal go on without streaks? I think I've tried everything on the market, and I end up with streaks and blotches. And because I'm so pale, it really shows!!

Sarah @ Fiddledeedee said...

Alright Denise, you've almost convinced me to make an extra run to CVS today for these tanning wipes. Do they really work? No streaks or orange looking skin?

I have 'very fair' (sounds nicer than ghostly pale doesn't it?!) skin as well. How long does one box last???

MARY-ANN said...

I just wanted to thank you for all the info you put out!! Im new to CVS and the whole coupon world and appreciate all the insight and knowledge you've given me!!!

Denise Sawyer said...

Mama Llama & Sarah,
I like the Loreal, and though I don't notice a lot of blotches or streaks there are some, but you have to get REALLY close to notice. I would say it is as close to perfect as I have found. I am definitely sold! There are 6 in a box and I alternate. I use 1 wipe and then I use Jergens natural glow lotion for 3 or 4 days and then I use another wipe. It makes it last longer that way and it stretches a box of wipes... another way to be frugal I guess! :)

Denise
The "Cent"sible Sawyer

Kelly Belle said...

Glad you got some good deals!! I am having such a good time with all my new CVSy knowledge!! Speaking of the 3M deal, is it just those products shown on the page or is it other 3m products too? I am thinking just the ones on the page but have never heard a for sure answer.

Leigh Anne said...

Here's my CVS deal for the week.
1 Bic Soleil Razor @ 5.99
1 CVS Rapid Release @ 3.99
1 Softsoap Spa Radiant @5.49
1 EOB Eye makeup remover @4.99
2 EOB Makeup applicators 1 @ 1.99, 2nd @ .99
-$4/$20 coup
-$1 Softsoap coup
-$2 Soleil Razor coup
-$14.98 ECBs
Total OOP was $1.87 and I earned $17.48 ECBs!!!
I'm fairly new to CVS shopping, but I love saving money!

Carlie Faulk said...

Well, if you lived near by could you just see us raiding all the Walgreens together tomorrow morning? lol!! It would be fun. Shopping can be great therapy somedays :)

Carrie said...

For all you pale ladies, I bought that Neutrogena mineral powder foundation this week and it is actually titanium dioxide -- the same stuff used in high-end kids' sunblock like Mustella. Not surprising that the foundation is listed at SPF20.

I posted a link to my blog shopliftingwithpermission.blogspot.com on how to use those free photo coupons to make more ECBs this month.

Alyssa @ KeepingTheKingdomFirst said...

You are not alone, Denise! I am pale too!

Amanda said...

I wish that we had that kind of money saving thing in Scotland!
I love a bargain:)

Amanda x

Anonymous said...

Lots of HAIR DYE!!!!& other goodies
4 boxes of Loreal Hair dye $19.96 2 - $5off/2 boxes -
1 Lever 2000 Body wash $3.99
1 Hersey bliss $2.99 $1 off
1 Niviea Sunkissed lotion $5.99 $2 off
1 Colgate 360 $3.99 $1 off
2 nivea Shave gels (bogo 50%) $4.03 $1 off 2
1 Jergans natural glow (trial sz) $2.99 $2 off ANY
1 Nexxus Heat Protexx $12.99 $1 off
1 Nexxus Comb Thru mist $9.99
Clerance Items
1 JJ foam shampoo $1.90 $1 off
1 Huggies Supreme wipe 128 ct $3.15 $1 off
CVS Coupons
$3 off $12 Hair care
$3/15
$10/50
Total before Coupons & Tax ~ $71.97
ECBs used $23.96
Total oop $14.37 Not as impressive as others but I figure I paid for 3 boxes of hair dye and everything else was free ~ I can live with that, plus I got $13.99 ECBS to spend another day!
__________________