ss_blog_claim=4d45eae6807aadd51151aa2cf9a86e1b
ss_blog_claim=4d45eae6807aadd51151aa2cf9a86e1b

About PR Service Press and Events CVS 101 Coupon Lingo Blogroll

Friday, April 25, 2008

Are YOU a CVS Superstar?

Last week I asked you to tell a friend. How many of you did that? I know there are WAY more CVS superstars out there! If you are sitting there asking yourself, "Am I a CVS Superstar?" then ask yourself another question...do you shop at CVS? If you answered, "YES." Then ask yourself one more question...are you SAVING money at CVS... ANY amount of money? If, again, you answered,"Yes," then you ARE a CVS Superstar!!! :)

Okay, so now that we got that out of the way,
I did not go to CVS this week, except to "spend" some ECB's that were about to expire. I bought some really cute outdoor lights for the porch for cookouts and out door parties in the summer. I am soo excited. I had been wanting some of these! So, another slow week for me at CVS. However, I still consider myself a CVS Superstar. Why, you ask. Because, now I am reaping the benefits of my CVS Superstardom. :)

I am USING all that stuff that I accumulated. So, except for rolling my ECB's (and spending some every now and then) I am staying out of CVS right now. I have stashed away so much personal care I have no more room (and I probably won't NEED any for over a year! Especially in the department of shampoo, conditioner, hair stylers, shower gel, and toothpaste!) So, for now I am loving using my hard earned cash for other things (like debt! YUCK!). Because, before my love affair with CVS started, I spent a LOT of money on personal care - its expensive!

Now, its your turn.

You can post from now until Saturday at Midnight!! Just post about your great CVS adventures at your site and then leave a link here! Didn't go to CVS this week, leave a link anyway and tell us WHY you didn't visit the best store ever this week. The only thing I ask is that you link me at your post! Just say something at the end of your post like... Want to see more CVS savings? Visit the Centsible Sawyer's CVS Superstars!... and link my name back to this post!
Still not sure how? Email me and I will help!

No blog? No problem! Leave your adventures in the comments section at the bottom of this post! I can't wait to see all of your great buys!

Want to see last week's Superstars? Go here.

14 Comments:

Tonya said...

Well, I hope just because you're not shopping you won't stop sharing your finds! Mucho thanks to you for all my deals this week.

Denise Sawyer said...

Nope. I don't have plans to stop any time soon! :)

Glad that they are helping you!

Actually, I intended to go atleast once to roll some ECB's and do the transactions that would MAKE money. Just didn't get around to it. I have been planning a shower for a friend, planning a Passover meal, making invitations, (besides my job teaching!). Just really busy. Plus, knowing that I didn't really HAVE to go to CVS. So, I just never made it by.
I am starting to have withdraws though, especially reading about you guys and your great buys!

Denise
The "Cent"sible Sawyer

janiejane said...

I've been reading your blog for awhile, but have only recently figured out the CVS game. I love seeing the deals other people put together!

Mikki said...

I told a friend, and she's shopping at CVS, but I haven't gotten her to blog yet.. LOL..

My CVS wasn't all that much in quantity, but good in deals!

Tracy DeLuca said...

I never made it by CVS this week. Too many other things to do and no really great deals for anyhting I use. I will be going on Sunday, I think, so you will see me on the rolls againnext week! LOL

Stephanie Taylor said...

I love your blog; I've been thinking about making my own frugal blog :) At the moment the only blog I have it related to my composition course, but the whole CVS/deals blogosphere really interests me.

Keep up the great work with all the awesome deals!

Marin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Marin said...

I should mention, I definitely listed your blog in my post as one to visit if interested in saving money! Thanks for everything!

April said...

I didn't go again this week. I'm beginning to think there is something wrong with me lol. I will have to go in the next couple weeks since I have some ECB expiring on the 1st and the 9th. Hopefully there will be enough deals to roll my ECB over and not lose any.

Anonymous said...

I went several times this week and I did quite well. I didn't get anything particularly exciting, but making ECBs on the Alavert was fun.

Mindi said...

This is the first time I'm posting my deals, but I think it's safe to say I have "problem" considering all of the transactions I did at CVS this week...I started out with $22.98 in ECB.

Transaction #1:
2 Frizz Ease products 4.99 each
- 2 $1 off coupons
Biore Pore Minimizer Face Wash
Biore Pore Minimizer Lotion
- $2/2 off Biore coupon
Herbal Essence Shampoo $4.29
Herbal Essence Conditioner $4.29
- $4.29 for BOGO deal
- $3/2 Herbal Essence coupon
2 Hershey candy bars 2/$1 (filler)
- $4/20 CVS coupon

Paid $22.98 ECB and .31 oop
Earned $5 ECB


Transaction #2:
Jergens Natural Glow 5.99
- $1 coupon

Paid $5 ECB and .07 oop
Earned $5 ECB


Transaction #3:
Alavert 6.99
- $4 coupon
2 Zooth toothbrushes 2.99/each
- BOGO coupon

Paid $5 ECB and $1.06 oop
Earned $6 ECB


Transaction #4:
2 Alavert 6.99/each
- 2 $4 coupons

Paid $6 in ECB and $0 oop
Earned $8 ECB


Transaction #5:
2 Alavert 6.99/each
Oral-B Twin Pack $4.99
- $1 coupon

Paid $8 in ECB and $1.97 oop
Earned $10 ECB


Transaction #6:
Mennan 24/7 Deoderant 3.99
- $1 coupon
3 Essence of Beauty Gift bags at 1.49/each
2 Lumene firming lotion at 1.99/each
Reinventing Beauty Magazine .99
Gold Bond Travel Lotion .99
- $1 coupon
Jergens Natural Glow Travel Lotion 2.99
- $2 coupon
- $2 off $6 in Lotion CVS coupon
- $3/15 CVS coupon

Paid $8 ECB and .76 oop
Earned $12.99 ECB


I have $14.99 in ECB for next week!

Mel said...

I have alot of people saving coupons for me and I did buy some off the internet (as many as limit allowed) but I usually buy at least 3 papers a week.

Thanks for all of your scenarios....they have helped me ALOT!

catherine said...

Hi.. I just came across the cvs phenomenon this week! I will be posting this week on my blog- ALL my savings. (and there were a lot). So many that the cashier even commented that I did a good job! I cant wait to shop next week :)

Alyssa @ KeepingTheKingdomFirst said...

Denise- did you end up making to CVS today? It was a great week!