ss_blog_claim=4d45eae6807aadd51151aa2cf9a86e1b
ss_blog_claim=4d45eae6807aadd51151aa2cf9a86e1b

About PR Service Press and Events CVS 101 Coupon Lingo Blogroll

Friday, May 16, 2008

CVS Superstars!


I hope you had an awesome adventure(s) at CVS this week! I know I did!

Here is what I scored this week:


I did 4 transactions. ALL at the same time thanks to the lovely cashier I worked with this week! :)
She absolutely cracked me up! She was so excited when I got to the register. She said,"Oh! I love it when you shop here!" I told here that I had 4 transactions and asked her if she minded. She said no and that she loved to watch and see what all I would get! (Don't cha just LOVE that?!?)

Anywho - she kept ringing and she was so floored. She kept interacting with the old man behind me and saying, "Don't you wish you could do like this?" He got excited too and told her that he hoped she'd ring his up like that! She just kept going on and on about how great it was and so I asked her if she ever got on the internet and I told her about this blog. I told her she could be doing this herself. So I wrote down the web address for her! It was so funny! I will ALWAYS go to this CVS now. She makes my trip even better! :)

Okay so what did I get for FREE this week?

Transaction #1
Buy 2 Smart Start cereals OR cereal bars $5
Buy 1 Tums Quick Pack (May monthly deal) $4.69
Buy 1 Adidas deoderant (May monthly deal) $4.99
Total: $14.68 (my store allows me to get CLOSE and still use my $3/$15 coupon ..so you might need a filler
Use $3/2 Kellogg's Smart Start coupon
Use $3/$15 CVS coupon
New Total: $8.68
I used $5 ECBs and got my total down to $3.68
Earned $9.68 in ECBs and bought breakfast for a few weeks! :)
::Note - you might have an Adidas coupon to make this deal sweeter (I already used mine!)

Transaction #2
Buy 2 Colgate Totals $2.99 each
Buy 2 Colgate 360 toothbrushes $3.99 each
Buy 1 gal. milk $3.89 (may vary)
Total: $17.85
Use $3/$15 CVS coupon
Use 2 - $1/1 Colgate toothbrush coupons
Use 2- $1.50/1 Colgate toothpaste coupons
New Total: $9.85 (use ECBs if you've got 'em)
Earned: $11.98 in ECBs and brought home MILK! :)

Transaction #3
Buy 1 Kellogs Smart Start Cereal $2.50
Buy 1 Kellogs Smart Start Cereal Bars $2.50
Buy 1 Glade air Freshener $0.97
Buy 2 Aquafresh Toothpastes
Buy 1 CVS allergy medicine
Total: $15.74
Use $3/$15 CVS coupon
Use $1.00 off coupon for Glade
New Total: $11.74 (Used ECBs and Gift Card)
ECBs Earned: $9.77

Transaction #4
Buy 4 Bowl Appetites $4
Buy 1 Aquafresh Toothpaste $2.99
Buy 1 CVS Allergy medicine $3.79
Buy 1 Tums Quickpak $4.69
Total:$15.74
Use $3/$15 CVS coupon
New Total: $12.47 (Used ECBs and Gift Card)
ECBs Earned: $7.68

Total I spent $39.21 in ECBs and earned $29.43 in ECBs (so I lost a few but got ALL of our breakfast for the next few weeks and some quick lunch items for when there aren't any leftovers, AND lots of other usable items!)
Total OOP: $8.22 (actually ZERO - because I spent the money on my CVS gift card for switching a prescription over!)

So that is how I MAKE CVS WORK FOR ME.

Okay, so how did you do?

You can post from now until Saturday at Midnight!! Just post about your great CVS adventures at your site and then leave a link here! Didn't go to CVS this week, leave a link anyway and tell us WHY you didn't visit the best store ever this week. The only thing I ask is that you link me at your post! Just say something at the end of your post like... Want to see more CVS savings? Visit the Centsible Sawyer's CVS Superstars!... and link my name back to this post!
Still not sure how? Email me and I will help!

No blog? No problem! Leave your adventures in the comments section at the bottom of this post! I can't wait to see all of your great buys!

Want to see last week's Superstars? Look here! There are some AWESOME ONES IF YOU MISSED IT!

AND, come back Sunday to see the CVS deals and My Scenarios for next week! Yippee!!! I *heart* CVS!!!

19 Comments:

Tara @ Deal Seeking Mom said...

I made two different trips this week, but darn it, I couldn't find the Hawaiian Tropic lip balms anywhere. I still did pretty good, though!

Melissa said...

You got some sweet deals! ;) You go girl. I like the new header too! Lookin' good lady! hehe.

Lisa said...

I've yet to find a cashier who was that nice to me. So far they still all look at me like I'm crazy or a thief :)

Helene said...

The Zantac coupons had a picture of 65 tabs so 2 clerks at 2 different stores had an issue with that, apparently not able to understand the words $5 off ANY. I have 2 CVS's within 6 blocks each way of my house so I have no problems making trips.

Thanks for your blog Denise-it is the one that got me started.

Andrea @ Mommy Snacks.net said...

Great job girlie girl! How come on Fridays/Saturdays I always end up seeing something I should have gotten (those Smart Start bars). Now, I'm gonna have to go get some of those :-)

Tracy DeLuca said...

Love the new header. I haven't made it to CVS yet this week. boo hoo

taralynn819 said...

Yesterday (in Southern Maryland) I could only use the $3/$15 coupon for my first two transactions. For the third, the computer beeped and said "Maximum coupon use." Nooooooooo! So I just combined my third and fourth transaction and used a $4/$20.....what's the deal? Anyone else experience this? Still, I almost broke even with my ECB.

AND I told the manager that I'd purchased the Freestyle Glucose monitor thing LAST Saturday and that I'd found teh $9.99 off coupon in Sunday's paper. I asked if I could give them the coupon for that past transaction and get a refund. And she let me!!!! I didn't have a penny, so I got the full $9.99 CASH back in my pocket! Oh yeah!!!

taralynn819 said...

I couldn't find the Hawaiian Tropic lip balms either. Pooh...

taralynn819 said...

Oh, and if they are out of something, don't hesitate to ask for a rain check! I got one for the Smart Start cereal. I said I wanted 4, but I should have told her more, since the rain checks NEVER expire! Oh well, can't be greedy.

K, I'm done.

Marin said...

Oh la la! Love your new header!

April said...

Great job! Love the new header, too!

Becky said...

I am so new to all of this! This is unbelievable!!! I have a post on what I did today, I linked it to Money Saving Mom too.

I have a ? for all you that have done it so long, so well:
I'm seeing that most ECBs are earned on health and beauty items, or meds. Rarely on things such as household cleaners and other products. I really don't need any more toothpaste!!! Even for ECBS but, maybe I'm not looking at that they right way?!!!
Anyone, please answer this on my blog post and give me your suggestions, and what you know CVS to cycle on sale for ECBs!
Thanks!!

janiejane said...

I made two trips, but never did find the Hawaiian Tropic lip balm. Still had fun though!

Candace said...

Two weeks and no CVS. It's mostly due to how well stocked we are and the price of gas! Great job this week!
Your new header looks good!

Gina @ MoneywiseMoms said...

Great job, Denise!

I tried 3 CVSs and couldn't find the Hawaiian Tropic Lip Balm. Oh, well.

I did go a little crazy this week, but I got a month's worth of diapers, so it was worth it. I'll take it a lot easier this week. :)

Tracy DeLuca said...

I finally made it by CVS late last night. Too late to be a Superstar! But, feel free to check out my new frugal blog with my cvs savings listed.... http://frugalfaerie.blogspot.com/

I will back on the Super Stars list next week!!

Unknown said...

I just stumbled upon your blog (as I googled CVSing)... I am so inspired!

Unknown said...

Don't you wish ALL cashiers were so excited when they saw you coming with a hand full of coupons! It makes the trip so much nicer when they are helpful, and kind about it!

Alyssa @ KeepingTheKingdomFirst said...

Awesome new header, I love it!

Great deal on the cereal, you go!