ss_blog_claim=4d45eae6807aadd51151aa2cf9a86e1b
ss_blog_claim=4d45eae6807aadd51151aa2cf9a86e1b

About PR Service Press and Events CVS 101 Coupon Lingo Blogroll

Monday, March 31, 2008

Weekend Shoppin' are YOU an Internet Shopper?

I LOVE to shop! I have been keeping myself at bay for a while though since DJ and I were building a house. Now that we are finally finished (Whew!) I am still trying to stay out of the stores (particularly the MALL) so that we can SAVE money! However, I was feelin' a little deprived and I had also stacked up quite a few deals at none other than: The Mall. Free stuff at Victoria Secret, Free stuff at Bath and Body, Free Tank Top at Aeropostale, and CHEAP clothes at Old Navy! So, what a great excuse to have a fun day with my husband. First rule though, I set a limit of how much I was aloud to spend, INCLUDING lunch out with my husband. What a nice treat!

*Here's a funny side note* When we got to the mall, the stores had moved, there were new stores, and some stores we were used to seeing were closed!! That shows how LONG it had been since I had stepped into the MALL. Everything seemed so ...unfamiliar!

Okay, so here is what I got:


I went to Victoria's Secret this weekend and got this FREE SCRUB!! (You get it free with any purchase!) Get a coupon here so you can go get yours! (Not sure when it expires - I don't see an expiration!)


Next stop: Bath and Body Works. I go these 4 antibacterial foam soaps. These will make awesome prizes at the baby shower I am throwing for a friend in a month or so! (I have to keep one for myself though- it is such a luxury!) Get one free product (you pick!) up to $11 with this coupon!

Also, I went to Old Navy and hit the clearance! They are having a 40% off sale this week!! I LOVE the little cropped safari jacket I got. Here is what I got: (disclaimer: I am NOT a photographer! Ha!)

I was going to get some stuff online with the cheap shipping (everying shipped for $5) and the discount codes you can find online. However, when I started browsing I just couldn't make up my mind. I didn't have a lot to spend, and I am such a WEIRD size. I LIKE TO TRY THINGS ON! I even put thing in my online shopping cart, but at the last minute I changed my mind! I ALWAYS do this. I don't know what it is. I just can bring myself to order clothes for myself online for fear that I will hate it or it won't fit! UUGGGHH!! (There is good reason for this though: When I try things on at the store I end up liking 1/2 of it once I put it on and usually less than 1/2 fits right!)

How about you? Are you an online shopper? Or, are you like me: your body is freakishly anti-internet shopping! :)

7 Comments:

April said...

I check your site every new post through Google Reader and hardly ever get back here to actually comment. I'm sorry about that because I LOVE your blog!

I want to say here, though -- I am an avid online shopper. I'm a plus-sized girl, so I shop at Lane Bryant and Avenue online when they have good clearance and shipping combos. The great thing is that online buys can be returned to these stores, so I don't have to pay reverse shipping. I live about an hour away from the Lane Bryant store, but my husband goes to that city regularly for a class. I return what I don't want then. I'm about an hour and a half away from the Avenue store, but a surgeon I see every two months is there and I return things, if needed, when I go to appointments.

If you live in a city with lots of stores, it may be worth it to order online and return to the store someday when you are out and about.

I find it works well for me!

Denise Sawyer said...

April,
Thanks! I am glad to hear that you are enjoying my blog! I hope it has been helpful to you!

I thought about that. What you said about buying it online and then returning it at the store. I just have to get the guts to actually do it! I am like you, the stores are about 45 minutes to an hour away! I am so impatient. Whatever I DO get I want to wear it like the very next day!

Candace said...

I can't remember the last time I went out shopping. With three little ones and a hubby who's working alot, I don't get the chance.
I shop online once in a great while. I find if I buy good quality clothes and take care of them they last a long time.
My jeans are 16 years old!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the VS coupon. I usually try to avoid them except during sales, but I might stop in when I go use my Bath & Body Works coupon.

As for your Old Navy story...my body seems to be anti-Old Navy. I don't know why, but nothing I try on there ever fits me!

Alyssa @ KeepingTheKingdomFirst said...

I personally loathe malls now, but as a teenager they were my favorite place.

I prefer the Kohls clearance racks for clothes. I might just have to go to the mall for the great deal you mentioned.

Thank you!

Denise Sawyer said...

Kingdom First Mom,
I also love Kohl's! It is too far away for me to frequent and really pay attention to the clearance racks (ie: watch a certain item get cheaper and cheaper!) It is about an hour from me,in a big city I try to avoid! I wish it were closer b/c I do LOVE Kohl's!
Denise
The "Cents"ible Sawyer

Denise Sawyer said...

Candace,
Blue jeans (which I would LIVE in if I could) are the worst! I have tried on literally every brand but because I have a smallish waist and a huge-ish (not a word!) rear, they NEVER fit. I have found one brand that fits like a glove. What brand do you have that last 16 years! Do tell!!!

Denise
The "Cents"ible Sawyer