ss_blog_claim=4d45eae6807aadd51151aa2cf9a86e1b
ss_blog_claim=4d45eae6807aadd51151aa2cf9a86e1b

About PR Service Press and Events CVS 101 Coupon Lingo Blogroll

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Menu Plan Monday 3/15


This week we are trying some new dishes! I can't wait to see how they turn out! Each week I cook 5 to 6 dinners for my family. On Saturday my family attends bible study where the families involved take turns sharing a meal. Last week was my turn but for the several weeks I will get to enjoy a Saturday off while enjoying a wonderful dinner with friends! We live in the "boondocks" where eating out doesn't happen very often - good in some ways because my family saves a lot of money NOT eating fast food! We do occasionally enjoy a meal out which I am thinking might happen soon since the last time we did this was 2 and 1/2 weeks ago. Since we do cook a lot and I want to eat more wholesomely and organically we really have to watch our grocery dollars. One way I have cut our grocery bill is by proclaiming one night a week "meatless." At least once a week we have a meatless dinner - this week it is falafel! One of our friends is Israeli and she shared some falafel mix with me so this will be my first try.

Here's what I've planned for this week:

:: Monday
Chicken Parmesan with Spaghetti and Marinara
Homemade French Bread

:: Tuesday
Tuna Casserole

:: Wednesday
Homemade Pizza
Chicken Alfredo and Spinach or
Chicken and Turkey Bacon with Marinara
(depending on if there is any marinara leftover from Monday night)

:: Thursday
Falafel on Pita
Homemade Hummus
Salad

:: Friday
Butternut Ravioli with Alfredo Sauce

:: Saturday

Bible Study Meal - no cooking for me! =)

:: Sunday
Make a Double Batch of Marinara
Pasta & Fagioli Soup

This week I am also trying my hand at homemade cinnamon raisin bread in the bread machine. If you have a yummy recipe for any kind of bread or rolls for the bread machine that your family enjoys would you leave me a comment or shoot me an email! I would appreciate the help! =)

2 Comments:

Allison said...

If you can, please share your cinnamon raisin bread recipe :) I'd love to find a recipe that works well for this.

Denise Sawyer said...

Allison,
I am going to try to bake it today or tomorrow - depending on how much work I get done today! LOL.
Once I try it - if it turns out - I will post a link to it on the blog. =)
Denise