ss_blog_claim=4d45eae6807aadd51151aa2cf9a86e1b
ss_blog_claim=4d45eae6807aadd51151aa2cf9a86e1b

About PR Service Press and Events CVS 101 Coupon Lingo Blogroll

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Don't Get Burned At Target


I've been hearing a lot of chatter about Target not accepting their own coupons! It hasn't happened to me yet - but it has happened to enough folks that I have heard about it and people are UNHAPPY!

Apparently this is all stemming from some unethical couponer who altered a online Target printable - remember the $5 off of a $25 TOY purchase? Someone made it say ANY purchase. Target caught on and now they are cracking down - because just like YOU they don't want to get burned!

However, that doesn't mean you shouldn't be able to use your perfectly legit coupons....

If this has recently happened to you Christina at Northern Cheapskate has the solution!

Go HERE to read what YOU can do if you've been burned!
Way to go Christina! Thanks for your help... I've had a lot of questions about this lately!

In addition...

Ginger from Attention Target Shoppers solution to not letting this happen again is to print your coupons straight off the Target site and NOT cut them out so that the URL is printed off on the corner of the page as proof of where you got them.

I would also carry a copy of the corporate coupon which can be found HERE.

8 Comments:

Dr. Mom said...

Thank you! I got burned last Thursday for $12 which had nothing to do with the toy coupon. I called the number 800-440-0680 and spoke with their customer service and they are sending me a $15 gift card and calling the store so that they will not do this to other customers.

Becky said...

I have been wondering this for a while and now is a good time to mention it. I know you are a big fan of A Full Cup, but is it really ethical? Target only has their coupons up for a week and then changes them out. However, on that website you can print the coupons until they expire. Does Target have a deal with that website? I am wondering if that is another reason why they are being extra picky about their coupons ....

Mercedes said...

To be honest, because of all of these horror stories, I don't shop at Target with their IPs anymore. if it isn't a target coupon from an insert then I am not using it. This is what I am doing right now. With time this commotion will die and then maybe I will take up using printable target coupons. However, I have not tested my own store and may do that with probably just one target printable and see what happens.

Becky,
Would it be unethical to print 20 copies of the coupons when they are on the target website and use them past the time they are accessible on their site but within their exp date? I don't think so. Target coupon generators serve the same purpose IMO.

BusyMom said...

When Target posts coupons on their website, where are they?

Lauren G said...

I called customer service today after hearing that my local target doesn't accept their own coupons, they apolgized, called the store and are sending me a $10 gift card. My friend, however, made the same phone call and the person that she talked with didn't offer her any compensation for her visit that she did this morning, where they didn't take her internet coupons. It seems like it depends on what customer service person you get to see what kind of gift card you will get.

Savings Garden said...

Can you tell me where to find coupons on the Target website?

Anonymous said...

Went to target yesterday,,Every time I go there the cashier has problems with my coupons. All my target coupons would not scan and I printed them right off the website! Then the cashier called the manager and he said she had to type in the numbers on the coupon. She hemmed and hawed like it was the most laborious thing ever and took extra long and frustrated the poor customers behind me. Im kinda over target because of this. Then they always want to dispute the wording on my coupons. But I usually win.

Anonymous said...

I've had coupons thrown at me from cashiers and called corporate several times over legitimate problems and have never been offered a gift card of any sort. I don't expect it. But I do expect to be able to use my legitimate manufacturers coupons. Which was what my store was denying me last night.