ss_blog_claim=4d45eae6807aadd51151aa2cf9a86e1b
ss_blog_claim=4d45eae6807aadd51151aa2cf9a86e1b

About PR Service Press and Events CVS 101 Coupon Lingo Blogroll

Sunday, June 29, 2008

Walgreen's Deals 6/29 - 7/5 SCORE FREE DIAPERS!!!


I will post more deals later (I am having a dinner party for some friends tonight - so no more time!!!)

But this deal couldn't wait!!

Walgreens diapers will be $5.99 next week.
Take a look at how this Salt Lake City Craigslist user proposes getting them for free! HERE
Thanks to Baby Cheapskate for the heads up!!

Here's the basic idea:
Walgreens brand Jumbo packages of diapers (both the white and red packages) will be on sale for $5.99 each. In the July Easysaver booklet there will be a coupon in there for $5 off 2 packages of Walgreens diapers. This coupon will automaticallyadjust itself and give you 2.50 each package you buy.

You also need to go to the pharmacy and ask for a $50 Walgreens savings booklet. These booklets are free to anyone who asks about the newprescription savings plan. You don't have to buy the savings plan just ask about it and get the booklet. They are a white and red booklet that is folded over 3 times and contains various Walgreens coupons for their store brand items. One of the coupons inside that book is for $2 off one package of Walgreens brand diapers. This coupon automatically scans for $2 off each package you buy.

Both of the above coupons are Walgreens store coupons. You can combine them for the same purchase. All you have to do is present them to the cashier and they both scan fine. Also since both are store coupons the cashier will not need them for their drawer like a regular coupon. (Meaning you can use them more than once - get them back!!!)

During the entire month from June 27th until July 28th Walgreens has another deal where you buy any 3 listed products (this deal is advertised in the Easysaver coupon & rebate booklet) you will get a $5 Register Reward Coupon for anything on your next purchase. Walgreens
Jumbo diapers are one of the qualifying products.

Buy three packages of Walgreens brand Jumbo diapers (white or red package) for $5.99 each on sale. Your total will be $17.97. Give the cashier your Easysaver coupon in the Easysaver booklet for $5 off when you buy two packages. Remember this will give you 2.50 off each package for a total off of $7.50 Your total now will be $10.47. Now give the cashier your $2 coupon that is inside the Pharmacy coupon booklet. This will give you $6 off total. Now your total will be $4.47

You need to pay the $4.47. After you pay you will receive a coupon from the coupon machine next to the register for $5 off your next purchase of almost anything. This makes the diapers FREE in essence.

This deal is unlimited! When you get your $5 Register coupon DO NOT use it to help pay for your second transaction of more diapers. This will void out you getting another $5 coupon. The only way to get a $5 register coupon for each transaction is to pay with cash, debit, credit or giftcard (or score some other great deals in between your diaper transactions!).

14 Comments:

Freebie Queen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Brutsman Family said...

This deal was posted on another site recently and it was pointed out that the coupon from the pharmacy states that it is to be used on regularly priced items. It would be considered fraudulent to use it this way if that were the case. I hadn't checked it myself, so I can't say for sure.

Maryanne Gobble said...

I tried it and it worked. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

The coupon from the pharmacy had no diaper coupons in it..?? There were some for "undergarmets" but none for diapers that I saw. Are there different $50 savings booklets?

LoveSpirit said...

Yes, I heard that there are two different books, one for Medicare folks (which you must've got) and a regular one with the diaper coupon.

I was just in Walgreen's yesterday, and didn't know about this deal. I am so sad. I am kind of shy, too, so I don't like having to go back and ask about the program to get a book. I wish they just had them lying around. I know there was once I was in a Walgreen's, that they had these sitting at the pharmacy window, but it was a loooong time ago. I wasn't much of a couponer then. Of course our nearest WG is about 25 miles away, so if I make that trip, I want to make sure I get good deals. I am afraid they will be out of the books, by time I can go.

Amanda said...

Thank you so much Denise!! I use cloth diaper 100% of the time and I love them. So, even when disposables are on sale, I don't worry about buying any. But, we are going on vacation soon and cloth diaps are not vacation friendly. Yay for free disposables!!

Jules said...

I just went and got the diapers. Instead of scanning my coupon she just entered them in by hand. Therefore, I didn't get the $2 off each of the packs only 2. I told her it should work if she would maybe try scanning them, but she wouldn't. So I still only payed $2 after RR which is still a good deal. I wish Walgreens was a little more consistant, I seemed to have trouble with the cashiers being leary of my coupons everytime I go. I'll try the Walgreens down the road later and see what happens.

RachelV said...

I went yesterday for this deal. I asked for the coupons at the pharmacy. First, I received a blank look, then I asked if anyone else could give me the coupons then. Amazing, then she reached under the counter and handed them to me.
At checkout, the $2 coupon from the pharmacy only was scanned once because it said limit one. They also held onto my coupons. It's not hard to get new ones if I wanted to do this again.
I do wish the diapers had more stretch to the waistband though. But, for super cheap diapers, I'll deal with it.

Amanda said...

I tried this deal and it didn't work. The diapers are on sale for $7.99 in my area (Deep South). Also, the pharmacy would not give my the coupons. I went to two different Wal-Greens. The first one gave me the Medicare coupons and they had expired in March! The second pharmacy just gave me a blank look. *sigh* Oh well, there are always more deals to find!

Candace said...

For anyone who was unable to get this deal, don't feel too bad. I tried these diapers once and will never use them again. They were very poor quality.

Anonymous said...

My Walgreens wouldn't let me use both coupons in the same transaction. I agree with those who say the cashiers are rude and suspicious.

MommaHarms said...

Well, it worked for me as advertised.

Redheaded Rampage said...

I went to walgreens today, and after having 12 packs of diapers, I didn't really need any more, but I did decide to buy some tylenol. It was on sale for 4.99 and if you buy any three of tylenol or diapers or desitin, etc, you get the five dollar register rewards. Anyway, so I bought two tylenol at 4.99 and one diaper at 3.49 and the five dollar register rewards printed and an additional two dollar register reward! So I got all of it, including the register rewards for 7.00

Unknown said...

My sister and I were at Walgreens yesterday and here's what happened:

She bought 2 packs of Training Pants - a 2T/3T and 3T/4T - and a pack of the regular size 4 diapers to make it to 3 packs of diapers. It took off $7.50 from the Easy Saver Coupon but only took off $4.00 from the Prescription Savings Coupon/Booklet. I bought 3 packs of Size 2 diapers and got the $7.50 and $6.00 discounts.

I thought that was weird. I am pretty sure we bought the items described on the coupons.

Does anyone have any idea how come? :(