ss_blog_claim=4d45eae6807aadd51151aa2cf9a86e1b
ss_blog_claim=4d45eae6807aadd51151aa2cf9a86e1b

About PR Service Press and Events CVS 101 Coupon Lingo Blogroll

Thursday, June 5, 2008

Boy did I Shop It Up this Week!

As you may already know this was my first official week off! YIPPEEE!!!
I am enjoying being at home, blogging, getting some much needed repairs and organizing done at the house, and going to doctor/dentist visits I put off until this time of the year so as not to lose any of my leave time (okay so maybe I'm not really ENJOYING all of it...but it feels good to get some stuff done around here!).

While I was home this week I did a major shopping day and scored all the great deals at Walgreens, Walmart, Bi-Lo, Food Lion, and CVS!

At Walgreen's I got:
2 Dr Pepper (2 liters) 89 cents each
3 Sprite (2 liters) 89 cents each
1 Mr. Clean Magic Eraser $1.50
Mr. Clean Wipes $1.29 (clearance + a coupon!)
Loreal Sublime Bronze Tanning wipes 4.99
Total: 12.09

At Walmart I got:
2 pints of Ben & Jerry's (my hubby's favorite!) $5.00
2 Cascadian Farms Organic Frozen Broccoli $0.66 each
2 bags of chips $0.05 for both!
Total: $6.67

At Food Lion I got:
1 Honey Bunches of Oats Chocolate Cereal: $0.50
Hersheys Double Chocolate Syrup (clearance) $0.99
3 Kraft Baglefuls $5.00
Food Lion 5 lb. Sugar $0.97
4 (12 packs) of Mountain Dew $10
1 Nature Valley Granola Bars $2.34
Total: $21

At Bi-Lo I got:
If you have a Bi-Lo near by you should take advantage of the meal deal. It cost $14.16 (but not if you have coupons!!!) and I got this:
2 Digiorno Ultimate Pizzas (14.16 - $1 coupon) = $13.16
1 (1 liter) Lipton green tea FREE
1 TGI Fridays Appetizer FREE
1 Pepperidge Farm Cake FREE
1 box of Garlic Knots FREE
I also got:
4 bags of Ore Ida Fries
Cocoa Puffs
Honey nut Cherrios
2 (3 lb.) bags of Mahatma Rice
6 cans of Del Monte Green Beans
2 Cans of Lucky Cherry Pie Filling
Little Debbie Fudge Rounds
Pancake Syrup
2 Orchard Cranberry Juice
2 Cans of Pillsbury Crescent Rolls
2 Cans of Kraft Cool Whip
2 6 packs of individual chocolate Jello puddings
2 bags of Frozen bread dough
Oscar Meyer Deli Ham Sub Kit
8 lb. of potatoes
Granny Smith apples
2 Bags of Raw Shrimp
Total: $85.77
Total Savings: $46.49

All in all it was an awesome trip!! And now my freezer and pantry are well stocked!
You may wonder why I made such a big trip. I live out in the boonies and unable to run out for every great sale. I usually pick up some of the best buys on my way home from school. Since I am not running up and down the roads now it takes me 45 min. + (one way) to get to any of the grocery stores! So, unless I am making a big trip it is really not worth the gas. Hopefully I won't be making any trips to the store (except CVS - which is only 20 min. away). I can get my milk at CVS and my other items just to round out meals at Wal-mart if we really have to. (Walmart is about 25 min. away). Anybody else out there like me?

8 Comments:

annieck said...

GREAT deals!!! :)
I have a quick question for you...
If I have an email coupon for CVS for $4/$20, can I only use it once? Or am I able to continue printing them until the expiration date and using them for different transactions? I thought I could only use it once, but on someone else's post, it looked like they used theirs over and over.
One more quick question...
With the coupon in last week's insert for the Pantene Pro V Great Lengths...
if my CVS doesn't have that exact type, will the coupons work for a different type of Pantene shampoo and conditioner?
Thank you SO much!!!

Tami said...

I live way out too. So anytime I go "into town", I try to make it a big shopping trip. I usually try to hit Food Lion and my favorite thrift store, and Walmart all on the same day because they are 40 minutes away. CVS and Ingles I can do more often. They are 15 minutes away. Publix I try to do once every two weeks. It is 35 minutes in the opposite direction from Food Lion. So I can totally relate.

SmlTwnLdy said...

I also live in the woods away from even a Wal-Mart, which is 30 minutes away passing many cows and other farm animals :) However, I am thankful for my home and the friends with which I have been blessed. I am also thankful that I am learning to make CVS trips super fun. CVS is down the road. I pass no cows, just a few goats and several of our town's stores.

Mrs. Bargain Hunting Wife said...

I like about 20 minutes from town, but I work town and so does my hubby. BUT since we ride to work together, he isn't usually very eager to tag along to multiple stores. I usually try to run out to Walgreens and Rite Aid during lunch (about 5 mins from my office) and convince hubby to get groceries after work. If I give him a coupon and tell him to the find the item, he is okay. Otherwise he gets bored!

Shawn said...

I too live in the boonies. We do have a CVS, Food Lion and Rite-Aid nearby at work so I can hit those regularly. The nearest Wal-Mart is only 20-25 minutes away and they are just about finished building the Walgreens in the same town as Walmart so I will be able to hit it more often then.

Unknown said...

I'live out in the "boonies" too. About 20 minutes from the nearest grocery store and 30 from Walmart, Walgreens and I've never been to CVS-nearest on is about an hour away from my home in Missouri. I just checked out your blog for the first time last night and I'm really enjoying it. Thanks for all the great info!

Julie said...

I'm interested in the $0.97 sugar at Food Lion. How did you score that?

Kathryn said...

I shop at BiLo. It seems to be the cheapest grocery store in the area here (Upstate SC). They have a ton of sales right now, lots of BOGO's. My last two trips, I paid $24 and change for $66 of groceries and $29 for $68 of groceries, plus a ton of stuff -- no OOP -- from CVS. That was a weeks worth of groceries each time. I just started a month trial of The Grocery Game and I am giving myself $100/month for groceries. So far, so good. I have cut my grocery bill from $300 to $200 in the last couple of months, using CVS and Walgreens, so I am taking it to the next level.
I'm blessed to have 2 grocery stores, CVS, and a new Walgreens within a mile. However, we live 20 miles from "THEBIGCITY", so all of our friends think we are way out in the boonies. ;-)