ss_blog_claim=4d45eae6807aadd51151aa2cf9a86e1b
ss_blog_claim=4d45eae6807aadd51151aa2cf9a86e1b

About PR Service Press and Events CVS 101 Coupon Lingo Blogroll

Friday, April 18, 2008

I've Been Tagged: TWICE THIS WEEK!

First I was tagged by Alexis over at Drama Queen Confessions for 7 things you may not know about me.

So, here they are:
7 Things About Me That You May Not Know

1. I was married at the age of 20 whilst in college and we lived with the parentals for two years! AHHHH!!!
2. I have a goofy lookin' fourth toe on my right foot. ALL my second grade students ask me about it ... and some adults who think they know me well! :)
3. I have an EXTREMELY difficult time finding jeans that fit. I have a big 'ol behind and a smallish waist. I have literally tried on every brand known to man and only one kind fit...Lucky Brand.
4. I have been in two singing contests. One was local, called Chattooga County Idol (hehehe) and one was a little bigger, Atlantafest at Sixflags in Atlanta, Georgia (I was a finalist!)
5. I am the five foot wonder (my husband says). I am five feet tall.
6. I am a scrapbook NUT. I LOVE to scrapbooking...wish I had more time to do it.
7. I fell asleep driving my car in high school...and lived to tell about (thank you Jesus!). Really, the police said there was no sign of stopping. The insurance declared it "not my fault" (another Thank You Jesus!!). They said my brain just shut off from sleep deprivation. My husband says I am a narcoleptic ... although he can't prove it (no doctor's diagnosis!)

Tag your it!
I tag:

Carlie at Why ask Why
Angie at Thrifty Florida Mama
Alyssa at Keeping the Kingdom First

For 7 Things About Me That You May Not Know


Second...
Alyssa over at Keeping the Kingdom First has tagged me for a new meme.

I am to list 5 things that bust my budget, and then tag 3 other blogging friends to do the same.

So here they are, my budget BUSTERS!

1. I am WAY TOO quick to whip out the debit card. I use it instead of cash because cash burns a HOLE in my pocket! I figure it saves money to not have cash...but ... it is way too easy to use the plastic. I really should try cash/envelope system one month and the debit card another and do a comparison. I'm just to busy/lazy! :)
2. We sometimes throw produce away because it is just me and my husband. I like fresh stuff but we can't ever eat it fast enough-especially salad - I love it, husband won't eat it! NOT frugal!
3. I so seldom go shopping ...when I do I spend TOO much! (Regardless of if it is in the budget or not - because I feel a since of entitlement!)
4. Birthday parties, baby showers, wedding showers, and other work get togethers can get really expensive when you work with 50+ women most of which are of baby-makin' age! (I am a second grade teacher at a primary school in case you haven't read my personal info at the top of the blog!)
5. Our debt (from building a house) is really BUSTIN' our budget! We are diggin' out of a hole!

Okay, now it's my turn to play tag!
I tag:

Candace at A Garden of Blessings
Alexis at Drama Queen Confessions
Sarah at Fiddle Dee Dee!

For Budget Busters

6 Comments:

Carlie Faulk said...

Hey - thanks for the tag! Look for it Monday or Tuesday - I'm taking the weekend off- lol! It's so pretty outside :)

Bleacher Bottom Babe is... said...

I am just leaving a quick comment about the "jeans" situation. I am the same... 5'1" size 6/8 booty, 2/4 waist. The only jeans that fit me are Lucky's as well. Although i cringe to spend 75 bucks a wake, i do. But I have just bought a pair of Banana Republic size 8 petites and LOVE THEM! They were on sale for $35 but I think typically run about $50.

Good luck! Helpful blog!

Alyssa @ KeepingTheKingdomFirst said...

Hey there, thanks for tagging me back!

Someday, when you are brave enough, you will have to post a photo of your "toe". Hehe.

I posted my 7 things, happy reading!

Sarah @ Fiddledeedee said...

Denise,
Thank you for tagging me! I'm working on my post, which will probably be up on Monday :)

alexis said...

Hiya'! I finally got my Budget Busters posted. Thanks for the tag!

Sarah @ Fiddledeedee said...

I just NOW posted my Budget Busters post...it has been a crazy week around here! Thanks for the tag :)