ss_blog_claim=4d45eae6807aadd51151aa2cf9a86e1b
ss_blog_claim=4d45eae6807aadd51151aa2cf9a86e1b

About PR Service Press and Events CVS 101 Coupon Lingo Blogroll

Friday, April 11, 2008

It's Time for... CVS SUPERSTARS!!!

You can post from now until Saturday at Midnight!! I can't wait to see all of your great buys!
Okay, so here is what I got:

*2 bags of Hershey's Chocolate Bliss
*9 gift bags (with tissue paper included!)
*2 Excedrin
*1 Febreze Noticeable
*2 FeBreze Air Effects
*1 Pepsid EZ Chews
*1 Arizona Fruit Punch -already drank up! :)
*2 CVS Rapid Release pain Reliever

It took 3 transactions:

Transaction #1
3 CVS Pain Relief Rapid Release $3.99 each
Final Total: $9.97
ECB's Earned: $11.97

Transaction #2
FeBreze Noticeable
2 FeBreze Air Effects
2 Excedrin
3 gift bags (part of the Essence of Beauty monthly deal)
Final Total:$8.07
ECB's Earned: $12

Transaction #3:
2 Hershey's Bliss
1 Pepcid
9 gift bags
Fruit Punch
Final Total: $11.98
ECB's Earned: $17

I paid my final totals with ECB's and a gift card (of course). So afterwards, I left with $38.97 in ECB's ($10.58 more than I came in with!) Yippee!!

I plan to do one more transaction tonight - I'll post that later :)

My final tip:
Do the Essence of Beauty deal if you haven't (buy 3 items and get $5 ECB's). I bought the gift bags at $1.49 each (so I made money). Plus, the gift bags are really cute and I can always use 'em! There are other cheap items that work - like toe seperators for painting your toe nails, and sponges, and make-up applicators. *You can do this deal 5 times!! :)

Now it's your turn! Show the world that you're a CVS SUPERSTAR!! Newbies too!
Just post all about your CVS deals at your blog and then leave a link here! If you don't have a blog, leave your adventures in the comment section! I can't wait to hear and see all those great CVS deals!

18 Comments:

Gina @ MoneywiseMoms said...

Without the beloved 5/15 coupon, it's not as much fun as it was. I only went once this week and will buy some more tomorrow when I pick up a prescription refill. Sigh...

Helen said...

I'm only finding the American Greetings bags at my CVS's. Is there a secret to finding the EOB ones?

Alyssa @ KeepingTheKingdomFirst said...

I am so craving some Chocolate Bliss after seeing your pic. Did you use a coupon for it?

Sarah @ Fiddledeedee said...

I keep hearing about the chocolate bliss too, but must have missed the info on that. Do tell!

Candace said...

Yeah, what's the scoop on the bliss? I just ate my last Dove dark chocolate egg last night:(

Mommin' It Up! said...

ooh!! i wish we had the bags at my CVS! Those would be so useful! I maxed out that deal on the toe dividers. Not as useful, but I'll buy anything they will pay me to!

Denise Sawyer said...

Helen,
I found them on the Essence of Beauty display. They were on the side. SOme people are reporting their stores don't have them. They are in the display with the beauty care though, not like with the other gift bags.

Denise
The "Cent"sible Sawyer

Renee said...

Question for anyone that could help me. I have been CVS'ing for about 2 months now. I rarely pay over $.40 if I don't get everything for free.

Everytime I go to my local CVS they ooh and ahhh, and just can't believe it, and the people working there are even stunned.

The question is doesn't CVS take major losses from us savvy CVS thrifters? And can they do anything about this to me? I just feel weird when I walk out with 2 bags of pullup, a pack of diapers, 3 nail brushes, and two bags of chocolate for $.49. And then the real thing I wonder about is when I go everytime and bring my calculator along with my coupon stash with my ecb's they look at me very weird.

My dh and I were talking about them eventually seeing all of doing this and stopping this ECB thing, and putting CVS coupons out if they are not making any money.

You can email me personally: rbrown7997@yahoo.com

Denise Sawyer said...

Candace, Sarah, and Alyssa,
The chocolate bliss is 2/$6 and there are $1.50/1 coupons in that CVS beauty mag and at the website:
http://www.beautyhandbook.com

Hope that helps!
Denise
The "Cent"sible Sawyer

Monica said...

Thank you, Denise! It's fun being a superstar!

Mel said...

I was a little nervous about the 3 essence deal because I already make such a mess when I get up there to checkout with making sure I don't mess up giving the wrong coupon first and such and nevermind it never fails they always have to call up another cashier once I have been there for a moment. I was worried that whatever I tried it wouldn't work and I would be stuck with whatever or would have to deal with returning 15 TOE SEPARATORS :)

I called all 4 of our CVS's and none of ours had any of the toe things so I stood there and looked for a good 5 mins. and couldn't find anything under $2. Well I made a trip to a different one today and was able to find exfoliating facial buffers for $1.49 so I grabbed all they had (6) and got back my $10!! I was so excited because it worked and yet wasted so much time worrying. Funny thing was while I was waiting in line wondering if it was worth it to try it because I didn't even see in the books where this deal was.... not 10 secs. after that thought a voice comes over the speakers and says "Buy 3 Essence..... get .....". I knew at that point it was "meant to be" ;)

Thank You for helping all of us newbies save so much money!! Please don't ever assume we don't need others help!

Sarah @ Fiddledeedee said...

Denise,
I'm so glad you posted a picture of the gift bags. I would have never thought those were part of the deal, but they worked for me today!

In case anyone else is looking for the bags at their CVS, they were in the gift wrap section at my store, but they clearly say "Essence of Beauty - CVS" on the bottom of the bag.

Becky said...

OK, you had me up until 4 this morning trying to figure out how to work the bucks and looking at all the great steals that were found! so much fun!!

Jen said...

You did good at CVS this week sister!

Jen said...

Whoops...didn't mean to post my link twice! I don't know how that happened! Is there a way to delete one of them?

Hillary said...

Renee,

I was talking to my local CVS manager and she told me that the brands that give the ecb's pay CVS so really, they WANT us to get them. I figure, if they are doing that and offering it, then I'm buying!

Sharon said...

Ok, I would love to become a CVS superstar!! How can I get started.. I I have a CVS right next to my house.. and I occasionally shop there, but I would go a lot more if I knew how to get some great deals! Can you tell me how?? I do have a CVS card... thanks! I appreciate any advice you can give me!! Here is my email:
sharongraf@gmail.com

Denise Sawyer said...

Jenny,
I fixed it! :)

Sharon,
I emailed you with the tips I have be sure to email me if you have any other q's!

GOOD LUCK!
Warning: It can be addictive! (But hey, I figure it is a good habit to have - saving money! :)

Denise
The "Cent"sible Sawyer