ss_blog_claim=4d45eae6807aadd51151aa2cf9a86e1b
ss_blog_claim=4d45eae6807aadd51151aa2cf9a86e1b

About PR Service Press and Events CVS 101 Coupon Lingo Blogroll

Sunday, May 30, 2010

Things They Are "A Changing"


I've been "deal-blogging" for a long time now. Thanks to all of you who have been reading my blog since the very beginning and to those of you who may have just recently found me!

Deal-blogging is a time consuming endeavor, as many of you may know well since you are also deal blogging! When I began blogging there weren't a whole lot of others like me and I felt like I was doing something really important - helping others spend their money wisely, save their money, and be good stewards with what they were given. Blogging to me felt like a mission or even a calling. Especially in the beginning there was no glory for spending hours finding the deals and posting them for others, and that was okay!

Now, there is a deal-blog "on every corner" and posting the deals feels redundant. There are so many great ones out there and many of which are doing a much better job than I am! My first thought was to just leave blogging gracefully and hang it up all together. But, alas, God had different plans - as He often does.

Now don't get me wrong, I still like to get a great deal just as much as the next frugal mama. I still use coupons (fervently) and I am still trying to be the best steward with what God has blessed me with. However, my life has taken a new path, and I have a new passion. And, after much thought and prayer I have decided to discontinue this blog and begin a new endeavor - a new blog.

This new blog is called Wholesome Mommy and it is in line with what is happening in my own life - wholesome living, wholesome cooking and eating, and wholesome fun. I've enjoyed being a part time stay at home mom and researching new ways to feed my family the best food for our bodies as cheaply as I can - including more whole foods and some organic foods. You have seen some of my thoughts about this on this blog in my posts called "Organic on a Budget." You can continue to read these articles on Wholesome Mommy under the title,"My Whole Food Journey." My mission is to prove that anyone can eat a wholesome and even organic diet on a modest budget.

I'll also continue to post my menu plan each week with links to my meal plan form if you want to use it! Many of you have requested recipes from my meal plan and I am happy to announce that those recipes will be available (and some already are) on Wholesome Mommy.com

In addition to all this talk about food I'll be posting about other ways my family is living a "wholesome" life. In other words, I'll be sharing information about how my family is learning to raise a family like they used to in the "good 'ol days." We're spending more time on each other, rather than money, and having a ball doing it! We're also learning to live a little greener all the while. Living frugally and green go hand in hand you know?!

I hope you'll join me on my knew blog. I'd love to stay connected with my readers. And, with Wholesome Mommy I'll be able to spend more time on the things I really love - including spending time chatting with my readers, one of the things I have missed the most about running The "Cents"ible Sawyer. To make it easier for you to join me I have already redirected my feed from this blog to the new blog. So, if you were already signed up to receive feed from The "Cent"sible Sawyer you'll automatically receive feed from Wholesome Mommy.com. If you don't want to recieve feed from Wholesome Mommy (I hope you'll at least check it out and give me a chance) you can easily delete me from your feed. This will take effect in about a week, giving everyone a chance to read this note! So, be sure to check Wholesome Mommy.com out in the mean time!

I hope you'll hurry over to check out Wholesome Mommy.com and let me know what you think! I can't wait to get the conversation going! =)
Love Always,
Denise Sawyer
The "Cent"sible Sawyer

15 Comments:

Debbie said...

Hey girl!

Just read your blog, and actually, it could not come at a better time for me.

I, too, run (a very small) "frugal" blog (mostly for my immediate circle of family and friends), and I have to tell you....

....it is VERY time consuming, and I make no money from it.

...and as I was trying to play catch-up yesterday from a crazy month of May (I teach part-time and have two boys at home to take care of), it suddenly dawned on me (a) how truly time-consuming a money-saving/couponing blog is compared other types of blogs and (b) how many deals are being repeated on these types of blogs.

I spent all day yesterday chasing down deals from the various blogs I watch, and as it got into night time, I started skipping more and more sites because the deals were the same.

So, I understand 100% what you are saying and how you are feeling, and I-for one-am so excited about your new blog. Because I too have been curious about feeding my family better, but not really being able to afford to!

I hope you will be able to show us how we can do that and how we can do it CHEAP (or, well--cheaper...).

Good luck w/the new blog. Thanks for redirecting the feed! I don't want to miss anything.

I'm excited for you!

PopcornMonkey said...

Good for you, Denise! What a wonderful adventure awaits you. Wishing you all the best for the next season of your blogging life.

Tanya said...

I'm looking forward to seeing what you have on the new blog...sounds like a good idea!

Frugally Fabulous Mom said...

Well, congrats on your decision! I have thoroughly enjoyed this blog and will miss it, but your new blog couldn't come at a better time! I am on my own mission of losing weight and getting healthy while still sticking to my budget, so I look forward to all your ideas and inspiration! Good Luck!

Denise Sawyer said...

Thanks everyone for your kind words! I am so excited about the new blog and am already excited about the new content!

I have fixed the links to wholesomemommy.com so hopefully you won't have any trouble finding it now.

Thanks again!
Denise Sawyer
The "Cents"sible Sawyer

Rachel@AllergenFreePlease said...

We are doing the same thing around our house, moving towards Whole Foods and not buying processed, etc. which means we are not using as many of the coupons that we used to. I am excited to check out your new blog...it sounds like it is right up our alley!

drmomof2 said...

I also want to live a more healthy, wholesome lifestyle but find that I am often side tracked for a variety of reasons. At this point, it is the beginning of the journey for me, and I would LOVE to hear about your experiences, thoughts, etc. because I believe it may help encourage me. I am VERY excited to see the new changes! Congrats on doing what you think is right!!

Denise Sawyer said...

drmomof2,
I would love to hear about some of your "side tracking" - it might help me know how to elaborate on my own journey in a way that will help others.

Thanks for your comment!
Denise

Caroline said...

Can't wait to enjoy your new blog! I've been a reader of CS for a year and half or so now and have enjoyed your new posts and ideas on eating more Wholesome etc... I too have started on this journey recently and have been gathering information from various sources to help me make informed decisions. Reading your blog has given me more motivation to do so!! I am new to blogging for myself, I have a small blog mostly for family & friends to share what's going on with our family but was hoping to include more posts about our wholesome journey as well. When I can find the time!!

I'm happy to see you are starting somthing new, I had noticed your amount of postings had dropped off and thought maybe being a Mommy had caught up with you! Or maybe you had something up your sleeve! Glad to see you aren't leaving us for good!!

Good luck with Wholesome Mommy, I will be following along :)

Barb said...

I am very happy for you and glad you have not left the blogging world altogether. I will enjoy reading Wholesome Mommy as my family and I are also trying to eat better and more organic. I know what you mean about some of the "savings blogs" being redundant as I also have a blog similar to yours but I try to add tips for the day and info I get from magazines so things aren't as "similar" as other blogs. Anyway, I wish you the best.

Thao said...

I think this is a great move. I am trying to live a more wholesome life for me and my family and introduce it to my friends too. I am sure the new site is under construction, I tried to subscribe by email and the link goes back to main site.

Melinda said...

Very exciting! The new blog looks great! I too want to subscribe, but the subscribe buttons are just taking me back to the main site. Let us know when they are fixed, cuz I am really excited about it! :)

Anonymous said...

"But, alas, God had different plans - as He often does."

Always amazes me how people think God had plans for everything in their life as if they don't have their own free will to choose things/directions to go in on their own. That's why He gave you a brain.

Denise Sawyer said...

Steve,
While I also believe in free will, and obviously I also believe He gave me a brain - LOL, I also believe that God ordains our steps. I also know for certain that He communicates with me a on a personal level on a daily basis. I ask Him to help me make the decisions He would have me to make and to help me to live my life according to His perfect will. Where ever you are on your walk with God, I hope you begin to hear from Him in a supernatural way.

If you do decide to weigh in again here on the "Cents"ible Sawyer blog, I thank you in advance for keeping it civil and family friendly.

Denise

Christina said...

Denise -

I've been a huge fan of yours since the beginning... and I'm even more thrilled to see the new direction you're taking. Your new blog looks great and I'm looking forward to reading it!

Christina a.k.a. Northern Cheapskate