ss_blog_claim=4d45eae6807aadd51151aa2cf9a86e1b
ss_blog_claim=4d45eae6807aadd51151aa2cf9a86e1b

About PR Service Press and Events CVS 101 Coupon Lingo Blogroll

Friday, March 28, 2008

Centsable Shopper Show and Tell - ENTER TO WIN $10 Walmart Card!

I am so glad I get to share with you this week at Be Centsable's site for Centsable Shopper Show and Tell! Thanks for visiting my site! I hope that it has been helpful in your frugal shopping endeavors.

If this is your first visit to my site be sure to come back often to see the deals each week at Target (Monday) and Food Lion (Thursday) and CVS + scenarios each Sunday night (or Monday morning). Also, you can find lots of links to coups, freebies, and other cool deals I find while scouring the internet and from tips from family and readers like you! I also post recipes and other tidbits as well as funny stories (kids in my 2nd grade class say and do the "darnedest" things!

I haven't been doing this long, but in the short time I have been blogging I have made many new friends and learned a TREMENDOUS amount about shopping and living frugally. I hope you will comment often and leave your two cents because that is my favorite part. That is how I learn SOOO much more!!

So, on to my shopping "show and tell." This week was a slow week around here. Not anything to jump up and down about at CVS (I think I am having withdrawals). So, I guess my best deals were at Food Lion this week, and all thanks to Candace at A Garden of Blessings. (She definitely had a great tip this week!)

I spent $11.87 for 7 boxes of cereal (Apple Jacks are my husband's favorite!) and got a $10 catalina towards my next purchase!

So I turned that cart around and got:
5 boxes of Pasta Roni
2 boxes of Betty Crocker potatoes
4 boxes of Frozen Green Giant Vegetables (I can't wait to try the broccoli and cheese rice!)
2 boxes of Quaker granola bars

All for $0.30 after my $10 catalina!!!!
So, my total for the day (for everything in the picture): $12.17 YIPPEE!!! :)

Now it's your turn!! Tell us all about the awesome shopping trip you had this week. Go ahead, BRAG!!! :) You'll automatically be entered to win a $10 WALMART CARD!!

Just go and visit Be Centsable's site HERE and post your link in Mr. Linky OR leave the information about your trip in the comments section! Be Centsable will open it up Saturday morning and close Sunday at midnight. The winner will be announced at the grocery gathering on Monday! I can't wait to hear all about your awesome shopping adventures!!!

3 Comments:

Rachel said...

Wow! I am impressed with all your savings! I wish I could be that good at saving!

MT said...

Denise, thanks for dropping by my new site and for the positive comment. Validation is always nice!

I'll definitely look foward to sharing your deals and scenarios with anyone who drops by - you do a really good job with those and you're in the south with a whole slew of different retailers.

It's all about sharing info, baby!

Smiles atcha!

Rebecca R. said...

OK, I will just share a couple of my shopping stops from last week. I saw that all Post cereals were BOGO at my local Price Chopper this week, and thought it would be a good time to combine the sale with the 9 $2 off and 1 $1 off coupons I had for Post's Chocolate Honey Bunches of Oats. When I got there, they were out of the chocolate, but let me substitute other flavors of the Honey Bunches of Oats. I also used the Price Chopper TWO in ad coupons for doubling a paper products manufacturing coupon to pick up a 12,000 sheet pack of Scott bathroom tissue for $3.99 and a 4 pack of Charmin for $.50. My total at checkout for the 12 1,000 sheet rolls of Scott, 4 roll pack of Charmin, and TEN boxes of Honey Bunches of Oats was $5.75! We have 6 children (and one on the way in about 3 weeks), so we definitely go through plenty of cereal! I also went to Walmart and got 12 packages of Fast Fixin's Dino Bites "chicken nuggets" for free! This is besides all of the deals I stocked up on at CVS this week before my $5/$15 coupon expired . . . got more stuff there than I have time to list, and probably for $8 or less OOP for maybe at least over $100 of merchandise before sales and coupons! Fun, fun! :-) Rebecca
elireeves(at)stny(dot)rr(dot)com