ss_blog_claim=4d45eae6807aadd51151aa2cf9a86e1b
ss_blog_claim=4d45eae6807aadd51151aa2cf9a86e1b

About PR Service Press and Events CVS 101 Coupon Lingo Blogroll

Monday, January 18, 2010

Eat From the Pantry - Week 3


We just finished week 2 of the Eat From the Pantry Challenge. This is really helping us clear out the pantry and freezer and we've actually been enjoying it! In addition to last week's menu I posted I made a big batch of waffles and froze them for quick breakfasts and I made some teething cookies for Judah. We also went through our pantry and freezer and donated a big box full of groceries to a friend in need! It felt good to purge the pantry and to be able to help someone else in the process. Isn't shopping frugal fun?

And, for this week I've planned:

:: Monday
Chicken Tacos
Yellow Rice w/ Carrots and Peas
Refried Beans

:: Tuesday
Chicken Tenders
Sweet Potato Fries
Green Beans

:: Wednesday
Garbonzo Bean (Chick peas) Soup

:: Thursday
Maple Apple Chicken
Roasted Sweet Potatoes
Garlic Sauteed Cabbage

:: Friday
Swedish Meatballs
Rice
Broccoli

:: Saturday
Family Meal at the Coffee House/ Bible Study
No cooking for me!

:: Sunday
Beef Stew

4 Comments:

Kimber said...

I've never even thought of making my own teething cookies! Would you mind sharing your recipe? I have a toddler cutting molars and I'd love a new treat to make for her.

Shannon "Coupon Princess" said...

Awesome job! I am trying to clean out the pantry and freezer myself! It is amazing how shopping frugal makes my pantry so full!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

How did your shit meals turn out?