ss_blog_claim=4d45eae6807aadd51151aa2cf9a86e1b
ss_blog_claim=4d45eae6807aadd51151aa2cf9a86e1b

About PR Service Press and Events CVS 101 Coupon Lingo Blogroll

Friday, August 14, 2009

Store Brand Formula Review and Facts!


I recently had the opportunity to review the Parent's Choice Formula (Walmart's store brand) for free. As you probably already know if you read this blog I breastfeed my baby boy exclusively. However, I agreed to do the post because my sister-in-law uses formula and was happy to review the formula for me and I really wanted to get the message out about store brand formulas to those of you who purchase formula. Breastfeeding is of course the cheapest way to feed your baby, but if that is not an option, there are lots of ways to save money on baby formula.

As you may have already read
HERE on my blog before, baby formula is highly regulated by the FDA. And, according to the FDA, all formula marketed in the United States must meet the same nutrient specifications, which are set at levels to fulfill the needs of infants.

So, for those of you are pinching your pennies, it might be helpful to know that store brands are just as good for your baby as the expensive name brands in the fancy packaging - but can be purchased at a fraction of the cost.

Consumer Reports found that "the store brand of formula at a local Walmart (Parent's Choice) cost 50 percent less per ounce than a leading national brand (Enfamil)."

To see how much you could save by switching to store brand go check out the baby formula savings calculator tool HERE. Compare the price of the national brand baby formula you most often use with high quality Parent’s Choice Infant formula to see how much you can save annually, monthly, or each time you purchase a can of formula.

In addition, some other ways you can save on formula are:
1. Joining clubs like Food Lion's baby club or Publix baby club for money savings coupons (there may be other stores too).

2. Join formula websites - becoming a member means they'll send you valuable coupons periodically!

Post?slot_id=43792&url=http%3a%2f%2fsocialspark

2 Comments:

Cathy said...

This makes "Cents" to me and it saved us a lot of dollars and cents when we switched from Enfamil Lipil to the Walmart store brand Parent's Choice Infant Formula. At half the price, Parent's Choice saved us about $600 for the year - you can look it up for yourself on the baby formula savings calculator and measure the price of PC to Enfamil and Similac formulas. Consumer Reports is an independent authority and I'm glad to see that the editors there have exposed the truth about infant formula to the American people. Store brands don't spend much on advertising or give formula to hospitals, so they don't need to overcharge to cover marketing expenses. I breastfed for as long as I could and started supplementing with the store brand formula at my physicians recommendation. I'm glad Consumer Reports and YOU are spreading this valuable information.

Monica-MommyBrain said...

We saved a whole bunch of money by using Parent's Choice with our twins! I started out with Enfamil, since that's what the hospital gave us. Once that was gone, and I saw how much it was going to cost us to buy a can every couple of days, we knew there had to be a less expensive alternative. Unfortunately, breastfeeding wasn't an option for me, but I know that we did the best that we could for our girls. Knowing that the FDA regulates the nutritional requirements for infant formula made me feel so much better about making sure their nutritional needs were met.