ss_blog_claim=4d45eae6807aadd51151aa2cf9a86e1b
ss_blog_claim=4d45eae6807aadd51151aa2cf9a86e1b

About PR Service Press and Events CVS 101 Coupon Lingo Blogroll

Saturday, April 11, 2009

Power was Out!

Sorry for the blip in posts! Our transformer was hit by lightening and our power is out! I am at my parent's coffee house now working on the computer. Man, you never realize how much we rely on electricity until you are without it! My water is on a well system - so I need electricity to have water too. So, it has been an interesting day with a new baby with no water and no electricity for more than 24 hours. The part I hated the worst... no shower! Yuck!

Hopefully it will be fixed before to much longer.

Denise
The "Cent"sible Sawyer

7 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe that is God's way of reminding you to always have a 72 hour kit and water on hand.
http://www.providentliving.org/content/list/0,11664,8034-1,00.html

Jennifer said...

I have well water too so I understand perfectly with you.

And we experienced a busted pipe just yesterday that we had to spend half a day fixing.

Felicia said...

Reminds me of the day we actually brought Graham home from the hospital! He was born in April (monday is his 2nd bday) anyway.. huge storm that knocked down trees.. and then... our power went out! On the first day home with my new baby!

M & M said...

IKE with a 2 month old and no power for 15 days reminded me every moment that it is really God who sustains anyway. What a good reminder!

Allie said...

Yea for nursing!!! No bottles to wash, no formula to heat!! Hope your power comes back soon!

Unknown said...

Bless your heart! Just glad everything's ok, even without power as inconvenient as that is. Glad to see you're all ok.

Milk Donor Mama said...

Happened to us as well... IKE knocked out Ohio power for 4 days at my house in the city of Columbus. Thank goodness for breastfeeding!!!