ss_blog_claim=4d45eae6807aadd51151aa2cf9a86e1b
ss_blog_claim=4d45eae6807aadd51151aa2cf9a86e1b

About PR Service Press and Events CVS 101 Coupon Lingo Blogroll

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Walgreens HOT Deal!

Rose at CookieCrumbs sent me this:

I had a Catalina print out at Walgreens that said if I spend $10 on select Kraft Products, I'd earn $3 Register Rewards between 7/25 and 8/30. The products are: Nabisco Oreo's, Nabisco 100 Calorie Packs, Ritz, Chips Ahoy!, Triscuits, Wheat Thins, Jack's Original Pizza, and Capri Sun Drinks. There are several coupons out for these items (I got some from a Kraft mailer, some from tear pads in stores, etc.). BUT, the best deal is the Free Boxes of Wheat Thins coupons from the August All You magazine (when you buy any other 3 Kraft products). Jello is on sale at Walgreens this week for $.39 and Wheat Thins for 2/$5.

**Scenario**
Buy (4) boxes of Wheat Thins @ $2.50 = $10.00
Buy (12) boxes of Jello @ $.39 = $3.90
Total $13.90
Minus (4) Free Wheat Thins coupons = -$10.00
=$3.90
Earn $3 Register Rewards!

So....$.90 for 4 boxes of Wheat Thins and 12 boxes of Jello

10 Comments:

one frugal lady said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
one frugal lady said...

Is the jello included? I didn't see it listed above. Keep in mind you are also spending about $8 "buying" coupons. Good luck.

Unknown said...

Wow, I have several of the free Wheat Thin coupons I received in a trade! The Jello doesn't need to be included in the RR promotion, as the Wheat Thins are a qualifying purchase.

Anonymous said...

How do you get walgreen rewards? I'm new at this.

Lori said...

Okay, I ran down to my walgreen's to try this and I didn't get any RR! I bought (2) Chips Ahoy and (1) Oreo-had a coupon for .70 off 3 and they were on sale 2/$9 so when I got up there to check out-NOTHING printed out. I also bought the Skippy peanut butter using .40 off coupons and it didn't print RR either. The check out lady said for some reason if you are using coupons on the Skippy, it won't print our RR-WHAT! So no luck for me today.

Lori said...

oh wait, I just read where somebody said the "Wheat Thins were the qualifying purchase" I got those, but I got them free because I also had a coupon if I bought 3 Kraft products I could get the wheat thins free. I thought I just had to buy those Kraft products listed. I'm confused.

Mandy said...

I don't think you need to buy the jello as long as you have other filler items, I just used several of the free w/ 3 Qs from the All You and didnt' buy any other Nabisco/Kraft/oscar Meyer items...So if you are getting 4 boxes of wheat thins the other 3 should count for each free one...it worked for me, I would not try it alone though...

Unknown said...

Not a big issue but 12x.39c is 4.68.

SH said...

Do you have to have the catalina to make this deal work? Or will it work without it?

Bloggin' Mama said...

Last night I found a WG money maker that I overlooked earlier when scouring the Easy Saver and weekly ad. I just posted about it here: http://mamaisbloggin.blogspot.com/2008/08/walgreens-money-maker.html

I didn't know if you'd want to share it with your readers, but I thought I'd let you know anyway!!