ss_blog_claim=4d45eae6807aadd51151aa2cf9a86e1b
ss_blog_claim=4d45eae6807aadd51151aa2cf9a86e1b

About PR Service Press and Events CVS 101 Coupon Lingo Blogroll

Monday, June 23, 2008

Makin' Money Monday


Marin at Frugonomics 101 and I are teaming up to bring you this series. Every other Monday I will post an idea for making money (blogging or other ways to make money) and every other Monday she'll be posting and giving you an idea!

Last week Marin's topic was Amazon.com. She talked about how you could sell any unwanted items you had laying around your home that were just causing clutter. What a great way to make some extra money on stuff you know longer need. The easiest things to sell on Amazon are items with ISBN numbers. Marin has had success selling books, CDs, DVDs and computer games. (I have also sold books and made lot more than I would have just selling them at a yard sale! AND it was very simple!) If you want to read more about SELLING your stuff at Amazon go read Marin's post from last week HERE.

This week my topic is also Amazon.com - BUT - I want you to know all about Amazon's affiliate or associate program! If you have noticed, you can see 3 or 4 books on my right side bar - one is a book called Baby Bargains by Denise Fields, another is Total Money Makeover Workbook by Dave Ramsey, and finally The Complete Tightwad Gazette. (If you are reading this later in the day I have also added a fourth book... Your Money or Your Life.

I have these four books on my side bar because they are books I recommend. But, if anyone PURCHASES these books through the buttons on my site (it will redirect you to Amazon) I will make a little money for referring you!

You can do this too! You can refer people to purchase/read your favorite books and make a little money while doing it!

Here's how the program works:

1. Associates drive internet traffic to Amazon.com through specially formatted links that allow us to track sales and other activity.

2. Associates earn up to 10% in referral fees on all qualifying revenue made through their links.

3. We send monthly payments to Associates.


So how do you do it?

1. Complete the online application.

2. Create & post your links to Amazon.com using our Build Links tool in Associates Central.It is simple really. There are a butch of different layouts or widgets you can choose from. Mine are really simple with a separate button for each book. Other blogs are using the one that rotates like a carousel, and you can also sell mp3's.

3. Begin tracking your traffic and earnings reports online. Reports are updated daily.

Who can do it?

ANYONE - anyone with a website or a blog. Even if you do not live in the United States! WOW!

*A frequently asked question is if you can purchase books from your own links (thus earning back some money after you purchase books through your link). The answer is no. You cannot purchase books through your own links.

If you have other questions email me - or leave a comment and I will do my best to help you!

Do you have a tip or idea for a future Makin' Money Monday post? We want to hear about it! Be sure and leave a comment. Don't forget to check out Frugonomics101 for next week's Makin' Money Monday! Marin is planning to post about how to make money with Pay Per Post!

2 Comments:

Melanie said...

What a wonderful idea! Thanks for sharing!

Extraordinary Ordinary Life said...

Thank you for making this so simple. I have added it to my blog.