ss_blog_claim=4d45eae6807aadd51151aa2cf9a86e1b
ss_blog_claim=4d45eae6807aadd51151aa2cf9a86e1b

About PR Service Press and Events CVS 101 Coupon Lingo Blogroll

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Food Lion SCORE!!


Look what I scored at Food Lion today for $35.59!!

Now I am telling you what... it pays to stockpile shop. WHAT...STOCKPILE SHOP? I am talking about ONLY pickin' up what is on sale. I do this about ever other each week at Food Lion and sometimes Bi-Lo (my 2 closest grocery stores). More or less depending on the sales. I also shop at CVS - DUH! By shopping like this, I only have to do a big haul every few months (I went shopping at Kroger a week ago and that was the last time I went since FEBRUARY! WOOT WOOT!). What I mean by haul is that I pick up what isn't necessarily on sale to help round out what is in the pantry and the freezer to make a complete, healthful meal. Usually on these trips I still don't spend very much - thanks to my fully stocked pantry and freezer!

This week was an incredible week at Food Lion so I picked up more than I usually do.

What did I get?

2 Pepperidge Farm cakes
1 (6 pk) Hershey bars
2 Jet puffed marshmallows
1 box HoneyMaid Graham Crackers
1 Eskimo Pie ice cream novelty
2 Quaker Simple Harvest Granola Bars (clearanced to $1.38 and I had $1.00 coups!)
1 Tuna Helper
2 Hamburger Helpers
1 Kraft Singles Cheese
1 Food Lion Wipes
2 Minute Maid (2 qt. each)
1 A1 Marinade
1 Gallon of 2% milk
2 Kraft Salad Dressings
6 lbs Hamburger meat
2 packets of Hidden Valley Ranch Buttermilk Ranch

Cost: $35.59
My MVP savings: $26.73
My coupon savings: $42.64!
Total SAVINGS: $69.37

Can you BELIEVE that!?! I would never pay $100+ for those groceries but that is what it would have cost me if I would have just walked in without my coups and MVP (store) card! It really pays to shop the sales with your coups folks!

Not sure how? Check out my post tomorrow where I will share all the deals at Food Lion + coupon matches!

5 Comments:

Candace said...

Great job!
I'll bet the cashiers and the people behind you always say "Wow, how do you do that?"
Food Lion rocks lately. I have been getting a ton of catalinas for $x/$x. I've heard they are going to remodel a lot of stores in the near future and also improve the quality of the product offerings to be more "upscale". Hopefully, they won't stop putting out FLIPs.
Glad to hear you're almost on break. It must be so great to be a teacher this time of year!

Denise Sawyer said...

Interesting.
I am with you...hope they don't cut out the FLIPS.

I am not so lucky with the Catalinas. Didn't get any today! :(

Denise
The "Cent"sible Sawyer

Becky said...

Great deals! Did you see my deals from last Thursday??
Over 19 lbs of ground beef!! I separated it all out the other night .. sheesh, it took forever! 32 hamburgers & 6 lbs extra for tacos, chili & the like are now taking up an entire shelf in my freezer.
I may be onto a good thing here!

April said...

I wish we had a Food Lion here. We onlyhave a Dillons, Walmart and some local grocery stres that charge a fortune for stuff.

Great savings!

Kelly Belle said...

WTG Denise!! That is a killer haul!!!