ss_blog_claim=4d45eae6807aadd51151aa2cf9a86e1b
ss_blog_claim=4d45eae6807aadd51151aa2cf9a86e1b

About PR Service Press and Events CVS 101 Coupon Lingo Blogroll

Thursday, April 10, 2008

A Yummy (cheap) Dinner

Here's a yummy one skillet dinner we love:

Beef Stroganoff

1/2 lb. or 1 lb. hamburger (whatever you want!)
1/2 to 1 whole onion chopped (more or less depending on your taste - I do 1/2 because my husband is not big on onion)
1/2 bag of egg noodles about a 1/2 lb.
2 cans beef stock (I've used water and bullion too, instead of the stock- whatever you have on hand)
1/2 cup sour cream


Cook the hamburger and the onion then drain the grease off as much as possible.
Add the egg noodles and the stock to the pan and Cook until the pasta is done (about 8 to 10 minutes).

When the noodles are done, turn the heat off and add the sour cream. Stir and serve!

We usually have this with some sort of green vegetable (green beans, broccoli, salad - whatever).

Then after dinner, you MUST try this desert: Apple Dumplings! The recipe is at Pioneer Woman. This is to DIE for!! And the bonus: It is super easy and doesn't take many ingredients. My husband has deemed it his new favorite desert. :)

So enjoy! This is a VERY quick and satisfying meal! :)

5 Comments:

Anonymous said...

I found this desert on the Pioneer Woman too and it's WONDERFUL!! Made it 3x's and I can't get enough. Thanks for all the great tips and freebies you post!

April said...

This looks SO good! I needed a quick dinner to make tomorrow and I have all of that on hand!

I wanted to tell you, Denise -- we used Redbox for the first time this week, thanks to you!! I LOVE IT!!

Hurrah for you!

alexis said...

Thanks for the stroganoff recipe! I also have been dying to try the Apple Dumpling recipe over at Pioneer Woman. Doesn't she make the best tasting and looking food??

Martha said...

I made the stroganoff tonight and it was so quick and easy. I used some frozen meatballs instead of the ground beef. Great for working people who don't have a lot of time to cook. Yummy!

Karen said...

Denise, I love quickie recipes!! I make almost the exact same stroganoff except to mix it up a bit I add one can of condensed cream of mushroom soup and/or some chopped bacon (when cooking the hamburger) when I have them on hand. I'm going to try the desert recipe. Thank you for your blog!!!